2019 STC Jinshan City Beach Triathlon
2019 STC Triathlon Series Shanghai Jinshan City Beach Triathlon
Date and Venue
May 12, 2019
No.7555 Huhang Avenue, Jinshan City Beach, Shanghai
Race Distance and Category（At most 800 people）
1. Age group is assigned according to athlete’s age on December 31st, 2019.
2. The race committee may adjust the age groups based on registration situation.
3. The relay team consists of 2 - 3 athletes，and no age/gender Group
1. Early Bird: will be closed at 24:00 on March 18
2. The Registration will be closed at 24:00 on April 12
(1) Experienced participants: Athletes should present a past triathlon events result you did.
(2) First time participants: Athletes have to prepare a medical check-up report not older than one year for athlete check-in. The medical check-up must include general body check up, blood pressure and electrocardiogram. A recent marathon finisher certification (within one year before race day) can be used as a substitute. The race committee have the right to cancel your participation due to your health condition or potential risk. Then you can get the race bag without the timing chip or race bib.
(3) For First-timer age below 18，Athletes should send an application to email@example.com before the registration
(1) Any cancellation requests received before 24:00 on April 12, 2019 will be eligible for a 50% refund of entry fee paid.
(2) Any requests received after 24:00 on April 12 will NOT be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
(3) You should send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellation
(4) All the refund will be proceed in one week after the race ends
3. Registration slot Transfer
(1) The slot can be transfer to the other STC Triathlon Event in 2019.
(2) The slot only can be used by yourself
(3) The application(by email to email@example.com) will be closed at 24:00 on April 12
(4) The entry fee cannot be refund in any circumstances after the transfer done.
1. Please use your real name to register for the race.
2. Know, understand, and follow all Competition Rules, as stated herein, in the Event-specific Athlete Information Guide, and at the Event-specific athlete briefings.
3. Obey laws and local ordinances and avoid any type of demonstration of political, religious, or racial propaganda. Failure to obey laws or local ordinances and/or failure to refrain from demonstration will result in disqualification.
4. Avoid to use abusive language in public speaking, i.e. Race WeChat group chat.
5. Compete without receiving assistance from other parties (other than from Race Referees, Race Officials, and other athletes).
6. Not gain or attempt to gain any unfair advantage from any external vehicle or object.
7. Avoid indecent exposure and public nudity at all times during an Event. Indecent exposure/public nudity may result in a disqualification.
8. Swimming safety buoy is mandatory for all first-timers, otherwise you will not be able to enter the swim start. The use of snorkels, fins, gloves, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind (including pull buoys) is prohibited. But Swimming safety buoy with a longer than 40cm connecting line is allowed.
9. Wetsuits will be worn in water temperature down to and including 24.5 degrees C； A wetsuit may cover any part of the body except the face, hands, or feet; A race kit may be worn underneath the wetsuit; The thickness of the wetsuit may not exceed 5mm. If the wetsuit consists of two or more pieces then the combined thickness of the overlapping pieces may not exceed 5 mm; Wetsuits are mandatory for professional athletes and age-group athletes for water temperatures below 16 degrees C.
10. Only Tri bikes and road bikes are allowed in the race. Mountain bike, Folding bikes and fixed gear bikes are NOT ALLOWED. There must be two working brake on both of the two wheels. There must be a free-wheeling mechanism between the crank and the rear wheel that allows the bicycle to roll forward while the pedals remain stationary. Non-traditional or unusual bikes or equipment are illegal unless, prior to the start of the Race, approval has been granted from the Event-specific Head Referee.
11. Helmets must be approved by a national accredited testing authority. An alteration to any part of the helmet, including the chin strap, or the omission of any part of the helmet, is prohibited.
Official Hotel and Transportation
Will be released soon
1. For top 6 male/female athletes of overall Olympic/Sprint Distance individual,will be awarded trophy and prize.
2. Top 3 in each age group will be awarded trophy and prize. However, only top 1 will be awarded if there're no more than 3 participants in the age group.
3. Top 3 teams in Olympic Distance Relay will be awarded trophy and prize. However, only top 1 team will be awarded if there're no more than 3 teams in the category.